Wednesday, February 19, 2014

ONE MAN's PERSPECTIVE . . .

"May You Live In Interesting Times" - Ancient Chinese Curse . . . S.L.


I'm presenting this as an example of how a story may be slanted in any direction - in this case by agents on the Right - and also as an attempt to dissipate some of the despair that's out there. Before you click on the headline linked below and read this story, try substituting "FBI interviewed..." instead of "interrogated", and see if this affects your perception of the situation:

FBI interrogated man after comment about American “Police State” on Facebook

Now then, let me just say this: as far as I know it is VERY illegal to espouse insurrection against the United States, its agencies or officers. Despite political satire and critique, this blog does NOT support anyone who calls for the overthrow of the Government of the United States; I will not tolerate anybody who espouse such sentiments and in fact I delete any comments that even stray into that direction. I don't even like seeing the American flag flown upside down, unless it's a bona fide sign of distress.


Despite what the Liberals claim, the TEA Party does not call for violence of any sort and the Gadsden Flag does not represent a secessionist movement. TEA stands for "Taxed Enough Already" and as one of the first flags of the United States, the rattlesnake flag represents patriotism, or love of country, nothing more.

To me, this young man expressed an impassioned post on Facebook, and somebody in law enforcement alerted the FBI. As a trained interrogator, what ensued does not equate what I consider an interrogation; he was released after apparently being determined as not being a threat. What is telling is the degree of their investigation:

“They had every Facebook post I had ever made in a huge file, along with all my wife’s information, and parent’s information . . .”

I hope the FBI investigates situations like this; that's part of what I pay them to do. There are enough nutcases out there capable of dangerous mischief.

Despite my concerns at the militarization of law enforcement in our country, and the ever increasing intrusiveness of government, we still have a Constitution and it still includes the Bill of Rights. Read it & familiarize yourself with it, be courteous & cooperative with law enforcement and Federal agents, but the conversation should include key phrases such as "Not without a lawyer present," "Not without a warrant, " and "Can I go now?".

STORMBRINGER SENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment