Saturday, February 15, 2014

COPS DISARM & ARREST A MAN FOR LEGAL OPEN CARRY IN COLORADO . . .

. . . and now they’re going to pay . . . S.L.


COLORADO SPRINGS, CO Police in the City of Colorado Springs were forced to pay $23,500 to a man they arrested by mistake for carrying his weapon in public. James Sorensen sued and won after he was arrested at a festival in July, one day after the Aurora shooting occurred. The entire incident was caught on camera and when the officer who disarmed him told him to get a lawyer, that’s exactly what he did.

The three officers and four sergeants involved were not aware of the law that made it legal open carry in city parks since 2003.

“I knew the law. I knew that it was legal for me to carry. My rights were trampled on,” Sorensen said.

The way 'Open Carry' was explained to me by a lawyer in Fayetteville NC - it's legal within city limits but they'll get you on something called 'Brandishing' . . . STORMBRINGER SENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment