Thursday, March 14, 2013

WHERE DO I STAND?

When they kick down your front door,
how you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun?



The Clash - Guns of Brixton

A Reader writes:

I saw your post about the MRAPs and so forth. I chose not to comment on the blog, but I am asking you, where do you stand? It is getting harder to obey orders when those issuing them are so far from the laws and moral values of our forefathers. The Nuremburg Defense ain’t gonna cut it. Pretty soon we all gonna be drawing a line.


More and more people are asking me this question so I guess I'm going to have to do a post on it one of these days.

There seems to be a lot of despair out there these days. The Left with their pie-in-the-sky 'share the wealth and make everything equal' schemes are trampling all over our individual freedoms. There is a lot of talk of States secceeding from the Union, resistance, etc.

My bottom line is this: as bad as things may be or may get, things will only get ten million times worse if we descend into civil war. We do not want this. We must remain within the rule of law and our political system; which - flawed as it may be - is ten million times better than any other system out there.

I am a law-abiding, tax paying, land owning citizen and I intend to remain so. That snake flag over there is an American flag. It is not a flag of Rebellion.

"But StormBringer! But StormBringer! What about the gun grab? What about: 'If Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Guns'?"

Well, as far as that goes I do not wish to become an outlaw, but I will not bow to tyranny. If our freedoms are usurped by the Liberals and their good intentions; well, I will be a LOT more effective working it from the inside than I would ever be making active resistance. If the day ever comes where I'm toting a rifle and leading raids and ambushes, that would be an absolute waste of my capabilities and I would be effing up by the numbers.

Consider: Schindler was a million times more effective at saving lives and mitigating Nazi crimes against humanity by wearing a Party lapel badge and working within the system, than he would have had he died in the streetfighting against the stormtrooper brownshirts.

I took an oath to uphold & defend the Constitution against all enemies - but I am not an "oath-keeper" nutjob. It is the job of the Supreme Court to determine legitimacy of government rules, actions, regulations, and orders; not the mob.

Regarding the current themes and efforts toward gun control, registration, etc - here's the STORMBRINGER party line: how about some enforced voter registration and voter identification FIRST - both allowable under the Constitution - before we start hacking away at the 2d Amendment?

Anyway lets be real, people. This is the United States of America - not the UK or Australia - and there is no way on God's Green Earth the American People are going to allow themselves to be disarmed. The Limey's and my Aussie bretheren were satisfied to drop trou, bend over and grab the ankles, spread their cheeks and let the Big Bad Government Bogeyman shove it to them right up the poop chute, but I got a feeling it ain't gonna be that easy here in the good ol' U S of A. I mean, they tried to outlaw alcohol and all that achieved was a nation of alcoholics, and they've been waging the war on drugs for over half a century now and all they got for it is a nation of drug addicts.

Go ahead and outlaw guns and see where it gets you. The American people are very resourceful. Me? I'm an opportunitist, a mercenary, and a laissez-faire capitalist. If they outlaw guns, I'll probably become a millionaire.

Well I guess I just wrote my post.


"That's my story and I'm sticking to it!"

- STORMBRINGER SENDS


No comments:

Post a Comment