Thursday, June 13, 2013

WEAPONS SAFETY

4-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills Iraq War veteran dad in Arizona

This undated photo shows Justin Thomas who was accidentally shot and killed by his 4-year-old son. (MyFoxPhoenix.com)

Authorities in northern Arizona say a 4-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his father at a Prescott Valley home. Prescott Valley police say the shooting occurred just after noon Friday.

The 35-year-old man, identified as Justin Stanfield Thomas, and his young son were visiting from Phoenix and were at a friend's house.

Police say the boy somehow found a gun in the home's living room and accidentally fired it and a bullet hit his father, who was rushed to a hospital where he died.

Thomas was an Iraq War veteran with US Army Special Forces and leaves behind two children.

Read the rest of it HERE


Comment:

This was not an accident; this was 100% preventable. This was weapons negligence, a good man is down because of it, and the owner of that firearm should be prosecuted.

I have guns in several rooms in my house. None of them are loaded, but they are always treated as if they are loaded. The gun I carry in my car is kept unloaded, on the premise why do I need to tote around a loaded weapon, when I am already behind the wheel of a weapon that has killed more people than the atom bomb? If
EVER I need to dismount and engage a threat, there will be plenty of time to slap a mag into the weapon.

When I carry concealed - which is all the time - I follow the Israeli carry; empty chamber. If I perceive that the threat level has gone up a notch, I will jack a round in the chamber. Downtown Philadelphia, for example. This is the civilian equivalent of crossing the Line of Departure, when soldiers chamber a round into their weapons.

I keep the weapons in my house handy but the ammunition is under lock and key - with the exception of loaded magazines, which are kept hidden in high up locations where children cannot get to them.

Think, people.

- STORMBRINGER SENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment